Saturday, September 24, 2011

Peelin' like a villain



Behold the Chemical Peel
What is it? 
The chemical peel I had done on my face was a PCA Chemical peel. They can be light to moderate. A PCA peel contains Alphahydroxy acids; which means it's a super gentle form of acid.  

What are the Benefits?
Treats facial blemishes and acne, uneven skin pigmentation, fine wrinkles, and damage caused by the sun, aging, and other sources of skin imperfections.

Is it Painful?
When the professional at Euphoria applied the chemical solution to my face it burned/stung just a little, for maybe 30 seconds maximum. On a scale of 1-10, it was about a 4. I'm not very good with pain; so when it comes to this...let's just say it was definitely bearable. The individual who performed my chemical peel for me was very communicative and thorough through out the entire process. She asked me every little while if it was burning or if it hurt at all. She was awesome! 

 How long will I peel for? 
You will only be shiny and sticky on the day OF the process. DAY TWO, you will look normal. DAY THREE is when you will start to peel. Your skin starts to slowly flake off; like when you get sun-burned. It is VERY IMPORTANT to NOT peel the flakes!! Just let the flakes fall off themselves. If you peel it off yourself, it could leave scarring!! As tempting as it is to peel away at the little flakes...JUST DON'T!    
And don't wear makeup through out this entire process; allow your skin to BREATHE and just let it transform without any interference from your makeup.
  • DAY OF PROCEDURE: GOOEY & STICKY  
  • DAY TWO: NORMAL. 
  • DAY THREE: SKIN WILL BEGIN TO FLAKE
  • DAY FOUR: SKIN WILL COMPLETELY PEEL
  • DAY FIVE: LIGHT PEELING; BUT SHOULD BE DONE BY DAY FIVE.  
How much does it cost?
It can range anywhere from $70-$800. Depending on your desired results.
I spent $90 on mine at Euphoria; and that was AFTER the tip :)

Where can I get it done? 
Most cosmetic surgeons perform chemical peels; but you can also get them done at your local Medical Spa! Where I got mine done and who I highly recommend: 
EUPHORIA MED SPA  <---check them out!






(i got these pics from their awesome fb page)


How long will it take to see results?
Most people see the results RIGHT AWAY, after they are done peeling. It took me about 3 weeks to start seeing results; and now 4 months later, my skin is free of the scarring I had initially wanted to get rid of and I haven't had any type of breakout. (Happy Britaña!)

How often do you get them? 
The professional who performed my Chemical peel said it would be ok to do one every 8 weeks. BUT, I personally would do it every 4-5 months! It really depends on the individual; so ask your trained professional what he/she thinks is best! 


For More Information: http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/chemical-peel


I will be getting my 2nd Chemical Peel, in 2 weeks. I will try my best to get before and after pictures! 


xoxo
God Bless & Stay Tuned...


1 Samuel 16:7 ....But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 

3 comments:

  1. Britana, thank you so much for giving me this information! I am wanting to do a chemical peel soon so I want to get information on several to see what other people think! I look forward to all your new blog posts, so keep 'em coming! XOXO,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly convinced with that information Britaña. That chemical peel is perfect for sensitive skin because it's gentle to the skin. But the best part is it's affordable for anyone who wants to get rid of their pimples. Thanks for the information, girl!


    Katie Hallison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh my friend used to do this to people. she worked at a salon of course. I could never get it done because I have so many allergies but I do hot yoga and it does wonders for my skin.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete